Red Shoe Krewe
The Red Shoe Krewe is a group of young professionals who are philanthropists supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Louisiana through fundraising, volunteering, and networking. It is through these efforts that we share a collective goal of making a difference in the lives of families with sick or injured children.
Our members can make an incredibly positive impact in the lives of families who depend on the Ronald McDonald House of South Louisiana. Membership dues are $65 per year, which pays for the suggested donation of a family’s one-night stay, so right from the start you are supporting these families!
- Learn how RMHC enriches the quality of life for children and their families
- Gain experience in nonprofit program development, event coordination, marketing, and fundraising through our committees (learn more here)
- Network with young professionals, volunteers, and community leaders
- Ability to serve in a leadership capacity on the RSK Board via annual election
- Volunteer in ways that directly impact families in crisis
If you have any questions about membership, please contact our Membership & Engagement Chair email@example.com
- Preparing meals for RMHC Families – email Robin Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to reserve your spot. (please note, all volunteers must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask at all times while inside the House)
- Tuesday, November 30 – Board Meeting at RMH (5:30 – 7pm)
- Wednesday, December 15 – Cocktails for a Cause at Ralph’s on the Park (5 – 7pm)
- Saturday, December 18 – Tulane Basketball Toys for Tots Game to support Ronald McDonald House
RED SHOE SOCIETY COMMITTEES
The overall purpose of the Social Committee is to host social events throughout the year to engage the public, recruit new members, promote networking, and engage new sponsors.
The overall purpose of the Development Committee is to raise funds for the Ronald McDonald House through the efforts of Red Shoe Krewe members. The Development Committee will support RMHC-SLA events, as well as create and host unique events through the Red Shoe Krewe.
Marketing & Communications
The overall purpose of the Marketing and Communications Committee is to increase awareness of what the Red Shoe Krewe/RMHC is and what it does to support the community both externally and internally. This is accomplished through social media, promotional items, event and social advertising, member spotlights within the group, internal and external communications, and more.
The overall purpose of the Volunteer Committee is to engage, empower and inspire individuals to build awareness and expand our circle of friends for RMHC-SLA. This committee will support RMHC and the Red Shoe Krewe by assisting in the planning of RSK events as well as finding and training volunteers for those events.
The purpose of the Membership Committee is to lead the recruiting efforts for new Red Shoe Krewe members and maintain relationships with current members.